Armfield Scholarship (Rising 6th Graders)
The Armfield Scholarship is for rising 6th graders who are high-achieving students of color who would not be able to afford the cost of Canterbury’s tuition without significant aid. The scholarship awards 95 percent of the cost of tuition, the use of a laptop computer, and funds for extra school expenses such as field trips and tutoring. Two scholarships are awarded each year to students of color entering 6th grade. Combined annual income of a recipient family is typically $65,000 or less.
Canterbury must have a complete application file, with all supporting documents, by the end of February.
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a rising 6th grader
- Grades of B+ or better on the last two years’ report cards
- Excellent record of behavior/citizenship
- Score among the top 15 percent on a national standardized test. (The Cognitive Abilities test [CogAT] is given to all 3rd graders enrolled in public schools, but other test scores will be accepted) OR have a score of four on one or more End-of-Grade exams.
- Combined family income of approximately $65,000 or below
- Contact Caroline Walker, Director of Admissions, about your interest in the scholarship and to receive a waiver code for the application fee. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-288-2007, ext. 103.
- Click here to apply to Canterbury School. Your application will be considered for admission and for the Armfield Scholarship.