Working together to help children learn and grow in a complex world
Nov. 25, 2019
By Anne Krishnan, Canterbury Parents' Association
Managing technology requires the same parenting skills as any other challenge, a panel of experts assured parents last week at The Technology Tightrope, a program sponsored by the Canterbury Parents’ Association.
Using technology appropriately is a skill parents need to help their children learn, like any other, the panelists said. Rather…
Nov. 13, 2019
By Kari Baumann, Canterbury Librarian
Every year, I get emails from parents asking for book recommendations for holiday presents. I love to recommend books to all ages! This year I’m formalizing the process with a list of suggestions of the best new -- and best loved -- books in our library. If you would like…
- Advent encouragement for the hectic holiday season
- Kids and Technology: Tips for Parents
- Making your list and checking it twice? Book ideas for holiday giving
- Why do children learn to play the recorder?
- Strong bonds enrich students and teachers for a lifetime
- Helping your child love reading
- Simulations build empathy in middle schoolers
- Is my child ready for kindergarten?
- Online branding tips for teens
- Report Card Ruminations
- How to start your school search
- Finding the right school
- How to read a report card
- Is PreK the most important year of school?
- Pros and cons of kids and technology