Orientations for New Students
We want every student to feel welcome and a part of the Canterbury community. There are several opportunities for new parents and students to meet other students and learn their way around campus before school starts:
- Canterbury Summers camps are a great way for incoming students to get oriented to campus.
- In August, there is an orientation for new PreK and kindergarten parents that gives new parents time in the classrooms with teachers.
- Kindergarten students have an afternoon of orientation on the day before school starts.
- All rising 5th grade students (whether new to Canterbury or returning) have a special orientation in August, where they can meet their advisors, participate in team-building activities, and tour the middle school classrooms. Families get detailed information from the Director of Middle School in early summer.
- All 5th-8th grade students who will be new to Canterbury have orientation over two half-days in August. Families get detailed information from the Director of Middle School during early summer.