Working together to help children learn and grow in a complex world
Mar. 4, 2019
Is my child ready for kindergarten?
By Roanne Ornelles, Lower School Director
It’s the time of year when parents of older preschoolers begin thinking about whether their children should start kindergarten in the fall or wait another year.
Every child has areas in which they excel and others in which they need additional help. Success in kindergarten and later years depends on an important combination of academic readiness, and perhaps even more importantly, maturity and social-emotional readiness.
Read more at Triad Moms on Main.
- Strong bonds enrich students and teachers for a lifetime
- Helping your child love reading
- Simulations build empathy in middle schoolers
- Is my child ready for kindergarten?
- Online branding tips for teens
- Report Card Ruminations
- How to start your school search
- Finding the right school
- How to read a report card
- Is PreK the most important year of school?
- Pros and cons of kids and technology