Summer Academic Work
Summer 2017 Academic Requirements
Summer is here! We know these months are an important time for rest and relaxation, but we also know that children need to engage in academic activities over the summer to maintain their skills. Our Summer Academic Program for students in 1st through 8th grades complements our academic program and is designed to help keep skills fresh. Practicing math facts and reading every day will maintain the academic progress students have made and ensure that they are prepared for the start of school in August.
We ask parents to support the expectation of the school by encouraging and guiding their students through the Summer Academic Program. Please feel free to contact the lower school or middle school division directors with any questions.
Summer Academic Program and Supply Lists
- Rising PreK
- Rising Kindergarten
- Rising 1st Grade
- Rising 2nd Grade
- Rising 3rd Grade
- Rising 4th Grade
- Rising 5th Grade
- Rising 6th Grade: Reading & Supply List, Math, Calculator Information
- Rising 7th Grade: Humanities & Supply List, 7th Grade Math, Algebra, Calculator Information
- Rising 8th Grade: Humanities & Supply List, Algebra, Geometry, Calculator Information
The Canterbury Parents' Association offers the opportunity to order school supplies online. Go to www.schooltoolbox.com and click on "find boxes" then follow the directions.
You also may purchase supply list items yourself and send them with your child on the first day of school. Supply lists are included in the Summer Academic Program document for each grade, above.
- Click on the form name below to open the form.
- For new students, please print and complete one of each form for each child attending Canterbury.
- For returning students, we need only forms #1 and #2, plus #3 if there have been changes and #4 if your middle school child will participate in sports. We have kept the other forms on file.
- Mail all forms to Canterbury, 5400 Old Lake Jeanette Road, GSO, 27455, or bring them to the office. You may also print, complete, scan and email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the office is closed July 3-5. Summer office hours are M-Th, 9am-3pm, and F, 9am-noon, beginning June 19.
- All forms are due by July 12.
- 1. Emergency Contact and Medical Data Form
- 2. Authorization to Consent to Health Care for a Minor
- 3. Directory Form
- 4. Sports Participation/Physician Physical Form (for middle school students). This form must be printed and signed by a physician.
- 5. Permission for Publicity Form
- 6. Universal Trip Permission Form
- 7. Release and Indemnity Form
- 8. Seventh Grade Immunization Requirement. If you have a rising 7th grade student, please submit an updated copy of your child's immunzation record. There are two requirements this year.
- 9. Kindergarten Immunization Requirement. If you have a rising kindergarten student, please submit an updated copy of your child's immunization record.